Friday, December 03, 2004

Mandy's pavlova....

Let's try this again, and this time I know exactly who came up with the recipe, as she related it to me personally:

Mandy's Pavlova Base

Ingredients
3 egg whites
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice OR white vinegar
1 tablespoon cornflour
pinch of salt

Method
Beat egg whites and salt until stiff. Add caster sugar in bits.
Mix together granulated sugar and cornflour. Once mixed, fold mixture into egg whites with lemon juice (or vinegar).

Cook in slow overn (250 degrees farenheit, 120 degrees C) for half an hour. Let cool in oven.

Now that's exactly what I have written down on the back of a reciept from the supermarket where I worked with Mandy, plus a diagram that indicates little circles around a bigger circle.

What I'm guessing is that you're supposed to make a little ring of peaks around some sort of a baking tray and this is what you put in the oven. I'm also guessing this is the meringue part of the whole deal. I'll give it a shot and post the results.

-n/e

No comments: